If you are planning to put your home on the market, it probably goes without saying, you want your home to sell quickly and get at least your asking price. There are many ways to do this, however a lot will depend on the current market, but staging your home is something that will always benefit you as a seller regardless of the current market. Home staging is important because it allows potential buyers to see how “perfect” your GTA home is. Staging will help any potential buyer to see them living in your house and making it their home. Here is a list of staging tips to sell your home fast:
1. Clean. You want to ensure that your house is clean and well-maintained. Having things spotless such as kitchen appliances and bathrooms sparkling will make them seem brand new. This will appeal to any potential buyer because who doesn’t love a sparkling and clean home?
2. De-clutter. This is probably the most important thing you could do when it comes to staging and preparing your GTA home for sale. Clutter is extremely distracting for any potential buyer as it takes away from the physical features of the home. However, don’t put everything into your closet space because it is possible that buyers will look there to see how much storage your home actually has. One of the best options is to keep the closets and storage spaces half-full while your home is open for showings.
3. Depersonalize. Although this may be hard and not make your house feel like your home, it does help to depersonalize your home and store away personal belongings. You want any potential buyer to walk into your house and feel as though they are already at home. It will be difficult for them to do so if all they see is family photos and kid’s art throughout the property. Depersonalized spaces are more neutral and help buyers to identify themselves with what could potentially become their home.
4. Define Rooms. You want to make sure that each room within your home has a purpose. You have to show buyers how they are able to maximize the square footage of the home. If you have a room full of junk, turn it into an office or a guest bedroom, depending on the size. If the buyer doesn’t have the same needs or wants for that room, they will still be able to see how every nook of the home is useable space.
5. Lighting. Take advantage of all of the windows in your home to allow the most of natural light through. This will help make your home feel bright and airy regardless of when the home is being shown to potential buyers. If you don’t get plenty of natural light or the weather is gloomy, turn on lights and lamps to make the most out of your space.
6. Furniture. Make sure there is not too much furniture in a room. You don’t want to make the room look small by having oversized furniture. The arrangement of the furniture is also important. You want to arrange it in a way that makes it inviting and cozy without being too closed off from other areas of the home.
7. Exterior. This is the first thing a potential buyer will see when they arrive at your home. You want to ensure that their first impression is a good one. Make sure that everything looks well-maintained. If you have patio furniture, use it to make an outdoor living space to show buyers that the exterior is just an extension of the interior. Ways to boost your curb appeal include planting flowers (depending on the time of year), mowing the lawn, washing windows and power washing the driveway and walkway.
8. Last Touches. Before your open house or showings, you want to double check and make sure everything is clean and inviting for everyone entering your house.
Regardless of the market, there is always a way to sell your home. Home staging is something which can be an easy solution to make your home picture perfect for any potential buyer to walk in and feel right at home.
For more tips on staging, selling, prices, and the GTA real estate market, reach out any time. Give us a call at 905-454-8900 or drop us a message here.