Summer is almost here, which means you will most likely be spending a lot more time outside in your backyard. Here are some tips on creating a summer-ready outdoor space in Caledon, Brampton or Orangeville perfect for any size backyard:
1. Create a comfortable hangout area - Creating an outdoor space means creating one or mor distinct and purposeful zones that allow people to feel welcome. This can be achieved by creating a lounge area, bar or outdoor kitchen and dining area. Depending on your budget, this can be achieved in a variety of ways. You can use a pergola and rugs to “break up” the zones on an outdoor deck or patio. Click here for outdoor maintenance tips.
Wonder what your home costs? Check your home’s worth here.
3. Pillows – These are a great way to combine style and comfort in your outdoor living space. You want to make sure that regardless of how many pillows you are choosing for the space, you will pick one colour palette. This will allow you to mix and play with different prints while still keeping everything cohesive.
4. Firepit – What says summer better that smores by the fire? Having a firepit outdoors next to your home gives your family and friends a good excuse to gather around the fire. This will definitely become a focal point of your backyard.
Want to buy a home in Brampton, Orangeville, Caledon? Click here to get listings.
5. Warm up the space with natural touches – you want to make sure that you balance your space with different textures and finishes. Natural textures add a warm and cozy feeling to any space.
6. Use greenery – what else says oasis like greenery? Natural potted plants is a great way to accessorize your outdoor living space. You can accomplish this by using planters on the side of your home, or furniture to create an environment that feels surrounded by nature.
7. Dining table – Having a zone designated to eat meals while outdoors is key. Some people prefer an outdoor table and dining chair look while others like a comfy couch with side tables. Regardless of what your style is, you want to ensure that the furniture you get is low maintenance and weather resistant.
8. Grilling station – if an outdoor kitchen is not in the budget, consider an outdoor grilling station. This can be accomplished through using a two-tiered bar cart. You can have all your spices, spatulas, plates and condiments on the top shelf, while keeping your lighter fluid and charcoal on the bottom shelf. Then, when you are done. you can roll it right to your kitchen for easy clean up at the end of the night.
9. Add lights for ambiance – Regardless of the lights you choose for your outdoor space, they surely will dial up the ambiance as the night goes on. These lights can range fromoutdoor string lights to an outdoor chandelier.
10. Covered seating – With the Canadian summer weather being unpredictable, you could
consider adding some cover to your space.. This could be an overhang or umbrella all which can help to be used as a shield from the wind, rain or sun.
These tips can help turn your backyard into the perfect place to relax and enjoy the warm weather all summer long in your Brampton, Caledon or Orangeville home. Whether your backyard is a place for relaxing, having fun with the kids or entertaining, the tips above will help you create the perfect space for all your needs. For more information on creating a summer ready outdoor space or any real estate questions, contact our team today.